MillerAsen provides sophisticated estate planning, tax planning, and succession planning to individuals, families, and businesses in Maine.
Trusts and Estates
We understand that estate administration can be complicated and often an emotional or painful process. MillerAsen takes great pride in guiding you through probate, inheritance, and trust matters in a sensitive and professional manner, protecting your interests and relieving the administrative burden that may come with the passing of a loved one.
Estate planning is ultimately about empowering our clients so that each feels secure in knowing that his or her wishes will be carried out according to plan, despite the unexpected.
Each family is as unique as is its estate plan. We listen. We ask. We find out about you and your long-term goals. We then create the best strategy for you and your family. Whether the goal is transferring wealth from one generation to the next, managing charitable giving, or administering an estate, MillerAsen works with you to successfully protect and preserve assets.
We provide guidance in the following areas:
• Wills and trusts
• Business succession planning
• Charitable giving and conservation easements
• Health care directives to physicians (living will)
• Estate planning, probate, and trust administration
• Family corporations
• Family limited liability companies
• Durable medical and financial powers of attorney
• Prenuptial agreements
• IRA minimum distributions and multi-generational IRA planning
• Elder law and strategic planning to fund long-term care or preserve Medicaid eligibility
• Tax minimization